I’m Mikkel Hansen, an experienced Data Scientist. I have a strong background in mathematics and physics.
I focused on understanding our data and finding problems that could be meaningfully addressed using data science and machine learning. I help set the direction of Vital Beats’ Data Science efforts while remaining hands-on.
- Grew the Data Science team from 1 to 5 employees.
- Assisted in attracting soft funding and investments.
- Developed an algorithm to predict severe cardiac arrhythmia for cardiac device patients.
- Developed algorithms to characterize ECG data and suggest medical diagnoses.
- Set up a system for reproducible research based on Jupiter Notebook and internal Python Modules.
- Conduct user studies of arrhythmia prediction at the hospital.
- Set up a Data Warehouse on a Windows machine.
Head of Data Science
Mar 2019 - Mar 2021 (2 years)
Apr 2017 - Mar 2019 (2 years)
Roskilde University and Laboratoire Léon Brillouin
3 years I studied the structure and dynamics of hydrogen-bonded liquids using a variety of different experimental techniques. The focus was on understanding the dynamics of supra-molecular clusters in a wide range of temperatures, including how the dynamics influence the crystallization process.
Ph. D. Student
Dec 2013 - Mar 2017 (3 years)
Masters in Math and Physics from Roskilde University
Bachelor in Math and Physics from Roskilde University
- Machine Learning
- Data Science
- Data visualization
- Signal processing
- Time-series analysis